Jeff Bezos gave Dolly Parton $100 million for charity
CNBC – Dolly Parton received $100 million from Jeff Bezos as part of his “Courage and Civility” award in recognition of what she’s done for charity over the years. The only stipulation is that the $100 million must be spent within the next ten years on charitable causes. Dolly is no stranger to charity; in 1988 she created the Dollywood Foundation to help children in Tennessee “achieve educational success.” In 1995, she launched the Imagination Library, which sends books to kids under five years old on a monthly basis. Jeff Bezos also announced he’ll be donating the majority of his net worth.
Rent prices have decreased for two straight months
Dwellsy – For the second month in a row, asking rent has decreased across the country. Last month, the average asking rent decreased by nearly 2 percent, and the month before was about 1 percent. The CEO of Dwellsy says that rent prices typically increase this time of year, so to see a decrease may be real indicator that prices will drop further.
NASA going back to the moon!
AccuWeather – The Artemis I mission launched this past Wednesday which is the first step in returning astronauts to the moon for the first time in 50 years! This mission is unmanned and will orbit the moon, then will return to Earth after nearly a month, which will be the longest flight for any spacecraft designed for humans. If all goes well, the first crewed mission will launch in 2024.
Rivers Donating more than 300 turkeys
NEWS10 – Staff from Rivers Casino & Resort are delivering more than 300 turkeys to local charities and community groups today (11/21). The turkeys will be used by those organizations for their Thanksgiving holiday dinners. They’ll also be donating over 100 dinners to the SEAT Center on Wednesday and to the Schenectady Police Department on Thanksgiving.
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
- Should they let him play sports?LISTEN: Their son’s grades are slipping. Should they let him keep playing sports?
- Youth Rejecting Social Media, ‘Bad Fat’ Into ‘Good Fat’ & More!Pete Kelly From a great story of karma to designer handbags from old couches, here are some good news stories for you!…
- Her husband has been tracking her…LISTEN: Her husband has been tracking her location for years. What should she do?
- How can she become comfortable being single?LISTEN: How can you stop being a ‘serial monogamist’ and be happy alone?
- Should they keep training their coworkers?LISTEN: They’ve trained new hires for 5 years. Two have been promoted recently, but they’re still in the same position.
- Donating Powerball to Charity, Reusing Old Batteries & More!From “Right To Repair” gaining traction in the US to a new screen tech, here are some great news stories you may have missed this week!
- Is banning kids a good idea?LISTEN: Would banning kids under 10 years old improve the dining experience?
- Can you trust a 10-year-old with dinner?Pete Kelly “I want to start teaching our 10-year-old son how to cook dinner. This will lighten the load for my wife…
... see more of our recent discussions here!