Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
A new robot uses artificial intelligence to specifically target and treat 500,000 plants per hour! This allows big farms to use 95% less chemical weed killer, which means less pesticides getting into our foods, waterways and environment.
A couple in Arizona tied the knot in the same place they met… the mayonnaise aisle! The two of them happened to both be looking for mayonnaise at the same time when their paths crossed. They chatted, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history! If you’re single and you haven’t been having a lot of luck with dating or with the apps, this gives you hope that you might meet ‘the one’ in the most unexpected place!
As we all know, heating and electric prices are up considerably this year, especially in Europe. A baker in a small town in England has revived the tradition of the ‘village oven’! He’s allowing members of the community to come by his bakery and use his oven for free! People can drop their cakes or baked goods off on Friday and pick it up on Monday!
An 81-year-old woman had been working at Walmart for the last 20 years just to pay her bills and mortgage, until she received a blessing from a 19-year-old co-worker! Devan saw her looking tired and exhausted in their breakroom, so he posted a video on his tiktok with the caption “Life shouldn’t b (sic) this hard”. After being encouraged to in the comments, he started up a GoFundMe for her, and within 24 hours they had raised $110,000! In the end, the GoFundMe raised $186,000 which was enough to pay off her mortgage and finally she’ll be able to retire in peace as of January 1st.
There’s been a lot of focus on electric cars lately and trying to reduce carbon emissions from all sorts of things in our daily lives, but one of the biggest pollutants are airplanes. Rolls-Royce and easyJet have teamed up to develop and test the world’s first modern jet engine that runs on hydrogen fuel! Electric engines aren’t practical in jets because they need a lot of energy and batteries aren’t able to recharge fast enough. These hydrogen engines would have zero carbon emissions.
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Good News: Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!
- Is it okay to RSVP no to their wedding?LISTEN: His ex-girlfriend who cheated on him is his friend’s Maid of Honor.
- Can he tell mom to date someone else?LISTEN: His mother is dating a guy he knows that’s only three years older than him. What should he do?
- How can she change mom’s opinion of her daughter?LISTEN: Her daughter is a tomboy and her mother can’t stand it. How can she change her mother’s mind?
- Was he wrong to assume she was okay with it?LISTEN: After having a woman over, was he wrong to assume his wife was okay with an open relationship?
- How do you convince her that he’s not real?LISTEN: Her aunt thinks that she’s dating Jason Aldean on Instagram and refuses to believe otherwise.
- What can she do about her stingy job?LISTEN: Her new job won’t pay for any office supplies. What can she do about it?
- Can he ask out his son’s mother-in-law?LISTEN: He feels a connection with his son’s mother-in-law. Is it okay for him to ask her out?
- Should you push your partner to work out?LISTEN: Her partner has gained about 15lbs a year for the last few years. How can she encourage him to be healthier?
- Good News Monday – 1/16/23From Australia cutting plastic waste by nearly 30% to TikTok allowing another senior to retire, here are some stories from this week you may have missed!
- Do they need to sign the non-compete?LISTEN: They planned to leave their job for a competitor, and now their current employer wants them to sign a new non-compete.
- Should he move out of his parents house?“I’m single and in my mid-twenties, and I just moved back in with my parents. My mother recently lost her job and…
- Should he tell her about her boyfriend’s past?LISTEN: His sister’s boyfriend bragged about all of the girls he hooked up with in college. Should he tell her about it?
- Was he wrong to not mention her photos sooner?“I’m furious at my boyfriend for not telling me that a woman DM’ed him nudes 4 times in the last month. He…
- How much money would it take to move?Japan’s government is offering families in the Tokyo metropolitan area money to move to less-populated areas. The government is offering 1 million…
- Is it tacky to use a coupon on a date?“My boyfriend is obsessed with coupons. We’ve been together for 3 months and he uses coupons on almost every date. He says…
- A dog ‘baby shower’?Her friend wants to throw a ‘baby shower’ for her new dog that she’s adopted. Should she encourage her? Should she even attend?
- Good News! 1/3/2023From a Make-A-Wish reunion, to recycled plastic in roads and potential huge breakthroughs in weight loss and Alzheimer’s, here are some positive news stories from this past week!
- Do you buy New Year’s Gifts?12% of people plan on buying a New Year’s gift this year. Have you ever bought one? What do you give someone for New Year’s?
- Should she accept the promotion?Should this woman accept this promotion with more power and responsibilities without additional pay?