Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
New Farm Robot Reduces Chemical Spray by 95%
A new robot uses artificial intelligence to specifically target and treat 500,000 plants per hour! This allows big farms to use 95% less chemical weed killer, which means less pesticides getting into our foods, waterways and environment.
A couple in Arizona tied the knot in the same place they met… the mayonnaise aisle! The two of them happened to both be looking for mayonnaise at the same time when their paths crossed. They chatted, exchanged numbers, and the rest is history! If you’re single and you haven’t been having a lot of luck with dating or with the apps, this gives you hope that you might meet ‘the one’ in the most unexpected place!
Free Village Oven to Save on Energy
As we all know, heating and electric prices are up considerably this year, especially in Europe. A baker in a small town in England has revived the tradition of the ‘village oven’! He’s allowing members of the community to come by his bakery and use his oven for free! People can drop their cakes or baked goods off on Friday and pick it up on Monday!
Teen Raises Money to Help 81-Year-Old Co–Worker Retire
An 81-year-old woman had been working at Walmart for the last 20 years just to pay her bills and mortgage, until she received a blessing from a 19-year-old co-worker! Devan saw her looking tired and exhausted in their breakroom, so he posted a video on his tiktok with the caption “Life shouldn’t b (sic) this hard”. After being encouraged to in the comments, he started up a GoFundMe for her, and within 24 hours they had raised $110,000! In the end, the GoFundMe raised $186,000 which was enough to pay off her mortgage and finally she’ll be able to retire in peace as of January 1st.
Hydrogen Jet Engine Test Successful
There’s been a lot of focus on electric cars lately and trying to reduce carbon emissions from all sorts of things in our daily lives, but one of the biggest pollutants are airplanes. Rolls-Royce and easyJet have teamed up to develop and test the world’s first modern jet engine that runs on hydrogen fuel! Electric engines aren’t practical in jets because they need a lot of energy and batteries aren’t able to recharge fast enough. These hydrogen engines would have zero carbon emissions.
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
... see more of our recent discussions here!