Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
A Nashville Home Depot employee was walking down an aisle when he noticed a small envelope stuffed with $700 in cash! Instead of keeping the money, he returned it to the manager so the owner could be found.
At the end of the day, nobody had claimed the money, so the manager went to Facebook to find the owner by leaving out a few key details so they could find the right owner. It turns out the owner was planning on using the money to buy Christmas gifts for his kids! He personally visited the store to thank everyone for their help.
The world’s first solar car called ‘Lightyear 0’ has started production! The sedan can get about 40 miles of free range per day from just the sun, plus you can still charge it using a regular home outlet. Of course those are pretty low numbers at the moment, but Chevy’s EV1 electric car from the 1990s could only go less than 100 miles on a single charge, so this technology could develop into the future of cars!
Allison Bond, a 25-year-old woman with cerebral palsy has been handwriting letters to strangers for the past year. She began by writing to inmates and soldiers, and she keeps all of the letters that she gets back. It reminds you that simple acts, like handwriting a letter or complimenting someone can really make someone’s day.
At this year’s World Cup, people have been noticing that the Japanese fans have stuck around to clean the stadium after their team’s matches. It’s apparently down to “atarimae,” a Japanese custom to want to leave a place cleaner than they found it. I think that’s such a great example of a value we should teach our kids, as well as follow ourselves. Could you imagine if people cleaned up after themselves at a SPAC show?
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Good News: Battery Tech, Karma Cash & More!From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories!
- Is it okay to RSVP no to their wedding?LISTEN: His ex-girlfriend who cheated on him is his friend’s Maid of Honor.
- Can he tell mom to date someone else?LISTEN: His mother is dating a guy he knows that’s only three years older than him. What should he do?
- How can she change mom’s opinion of her daughter?LISTEN: Her daughter is a tomboy and her mother can’t stand it. How can she change her mother’s mind?
- Was he wrong to assume she was okay with it?LISTEN: After having a woman over, was he wrong to assume his wife was okay with an open relationship?
- How do you convince her that he’s not real?LISTEN: Her aunt thinks that she’s dating Jason Aldean on Instagram and refuses to believe otherwise.
- What can she do about her stingy job?LISTEN: Her new job won’t pay for any office supplies. What can she do about it?
- Can he ask out his son’s mother-in-law?LISTEN: He feels a connection with his son’s mother-in-law. Is it okay for him to ask her out?
- Should you push your partner to work out?LISTEN: Her partner has gained about 15lbs a year for the last few years. How can she encourage him to be healthier?
- Good News Monday – 1/16/23From Australia cutting plastic waste by nearly 30% to TikTok allowing another senior to retire, here are some stories from this week you may have missed!
- Do they need to sign the non-compete?LISTEN: They planned to leave their job for a competitor, and now their current employer wants them to sign a new non-compete.
- Should he move out of his parents house?“I’m single and in my mid-twenties, and I just moved back in with my parents. My mother recently lost her job and…
- Should he tell her about her boyfriend’s past?LISTEN: His sister’s boyfriend bragged about all of the girls he hooked up with in college. Should he tell her about it?
- Was he wrong to not mention her photos sooner?“I’m furious at my boyfriend for not telling me that a woman DM’ed him nudes 4 times in the last month. He…
- How much money would it take to move?Japan’s government is offering families in the Tokyo metropolitan area money to move to less-populated areas. The government is offering 1 million…
- Is it tacky to use a coupon on a date?“My boyfriend is obsessed with coupons. We’ve been together for 3 months and he uses coupons on almost every date. He says…
- A dog ‘baby shower’?Her friend wants to throw a ‘baby shower’ for her new dog that she’s adopted. Should she encourage her? Should she even attend?
- Good News! 1/3/2023From a Make-A-Wish reunion, to recycled plastic in roads and potential huge breakthroughs in weight loss and Alzheimer’s, here are some positive news stories from this past week!
- Do you buy New Year’s Gifts?12% of people plan on buying a New Year’s gift this year. Have you ever bought one? What do you give someone for New Year’s?
- Should she accept the promotion?Should this woman accept this promotion with more power and responsibilities without additional pay?