Here are some feel-good, positive news stories that you may have missed this week!
Home Depot Employees Return $700
A Nashville Home Depot employee was walking down an aisle when he noticed a small envelope stuffed with $700 in cash! Instead of keeping the money, he returned it to the manager so the owner could be found.
At the end of the day, nobody had claimed the money, so the manager went to Facebook to find the owner by leaving out a few key details so they could find the right owner. It turns out the owner was planning on using the money to buy Christmas gifts for his kids! He personally visited the store to thank everyone for their help.
First Solar Car Starts Production
The world’s first solar car called ‘Lightyear 0’ has started production! The sedan can get about 40 miles of free range per day from just the sun, plus you can still charge it using a regular home outlet. Of course those are pretty low numbers at the moment, but Chevy’s EV1 electric car from the 1990s could only go less than 100 miles on a single charge, so this technology could develop into the future of cars!
25-Year-Old Handwriting Letters To Strangers
Allison Bond, a 25-year-old woman with cerebral palsy has been handwriting letters to strangers for the past year. She began by writing to inmates and soldiers, and she keeps all of the letters that she gets back. It reminds you that simple acts, like handwriting a letter or complimenting someone can really make someone’s day.
Japanese Fans Clean Up At World Cup
At this year’s World Cup, people have been noticing that the Japanese fans have stuck around to clean the stadium after their team’s matches. It’s apparently down to “atarimae,” a Japanese custom to want to leave a place cleaner than they found it. I think that’s such a great example of a value we should teach our kids, as well as follow ourselves. Could you imagine if people cleaned up after themselves at a SPAC show?
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
... see more of our recent discussions here!