Historic Snowfall in California May Reverse Drought
California’s snowfall in the mountains is almost double the seasonal average, giving hope it could reverse the last three years of drought. Heavy storms have deposited floodwaters around the north of the state, and more storms are possible to refill reservoirs. “It could be a drought-buster of a year if things continue on a wet track,” says a regional climatologist. Many people get worried about the future of our planet, and it’s great to continue to be aware and help out where we can, but sometimes Mother Nature takes care of things on her own!
Australia’s Plastic Waste On Beaches Cut By Nearly One-Third In A Decade
A recent survey found that plastic on Australian beaches has fallen by 29% since 2013 due to effective local waste control strategies, including educational programs, recycling guides, and measures to prevent illegal dumping. Researchers credit the success to the collective efforts of Australians working together to help out their coastlines.
Brothers Raise $80k On Row Across Atlantic
Four brothers from England are set to set a world record as the first rowing team made entirely of brothers to cross the whole of the Atlantic. They named their team ‘The FriendShip’ and have raised more than $80,000 for charities since setting off on their epic endurance challenge nearly a month ago. They are raising money for those struggling with housing issues, helping children in foster and residential care, and the Kiwoko Hospital in Uganda.
Viral TikTok Allows Another Person To Retire
Rory McCarty, an exterminator, helped raise $108,000 in a few days to help an 82-year-old Navy veteran and widower retire from his job at Walmart. McCarty noticed the man still “grinding” out 8-9 hour shifts at the store and decided to use his TikTok following of 300,000 to raise the funds. Warren Marion was able to finally retire and was greeted with cheers, balloons, and a large check. This isn’t the first time a viral TikTok has allowed someone in need to retire!
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
... see more of our recent discussions here!