From the future of batteries being developed in Niskayuna to karma resulting in a million dollar payout, here are some feel good news stories you may have missed!
GE in Niskayuna Developing Batteries That Never Die
GE in Niskayuna is developing next-gen batteries that last forever and resist corrosion through metallic regeneration at its local research lab. The batteries are part of a Department of Defense project and GE and partners have been awarded $11 million in grants by DARPA. The batteries could be used in cars, airplanes, and infrastructure.
‘988’ Suicide Lifeline Receives 1.7 Million Calls In First Five Months
The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline was launched in July and has already reached millions of people. It received 1.7 million calls, texts and chats in its first five months, more than its predecessor in a year. The 988 number is a quick and easy way for people in crisis to connect with mental health professionals. The line plans to expand further with additional funding from the federal spending bill.
Line Cutter Karma Results in Million Dollar Jackpot
A Florida man recently hit the jackpot by winning $1 million on a scratch off ticket after another shopper rudely cut in front of him while he was purchasing the ticket. Steven was patient and waited, which ultimately led to his big win of a $820,000 lump sum cash payout.
Weakness Of Asteroids Discovered; Could Save Planet In The Future
NASA’s Planetary Defense team recently did a test called DART and were able to change the path of an asteroid. A group of scientists in Australia looked at an old asteroid and found out that “rubble pile” asteroids, which are made of loose rocks and boulders, can last for billions of years. This means that if an asteroid is heading towards Earth and could be dangerous, it’s probably made of loose rocks, and a nuclear explosion near the asteroid could change it’s direction and miss Earth.
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
... see more of our recent discussions here!