Girl Who Emptied Piggybank for Charity Wins $48 Million Jackpot
Years ago, this then five-year-old girl donated everything she had in her piggy bank to help those affected by an earthquake in Haiti, totaling around $61. Last week she won a $48 million jackpot in Ontario on her 18th birthday! This is a great example of karma; do good things and good things will happen to you!
Unemployment At Lowest Level Since 1969
I want to preface this by saying I’m sure there’s a political spin on these numbers, but remember today we’re just looking at the positives! According to recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. unemployment rate has reached its lowest level in over 50 years, with only 3.4% of the population being without a job. Additionally, the median earnings for workers have increased by 7.4% compared to the previous year, outpacing inflation. The growth has been seen across various industries, including restaurants and bars, retail stores, healthcare facilities, professional and business offices, and construction.
Hydrogen Fuel Directly From Seawater
Scientists from the University of Adelaide in Australia have found a new way to make a type of clean energy called green hydrogen. They did this by using seawater instead of normal water and without having to clean or treat the seawater first. The scientists used two special materials to help them split the seawater into hydrogen and oxygen, and the result was just as good as using normal water. Now, the team wants to make their process bigger so it can be used to make more green hydrogen, which can be used as fuel in things like fuel cells and to make other chemicals.
High School Graduation Increase In NY
New York state high school graduation rates rose last year, attributed to years of improvements starting in elementary schools. High school seniors in Albany now have a designated case manager to track progress. Teams meet weekly to address the most at-risk students’ needs in social-emotional skills, mental health, behavior, and academics.
Bonus story! Chick-fil-A Opening 3 Local Locations; First As Soon As Next Month!
So I didn’t think was important enough to share on-air, but if you live in the Capital Region, three Chick-fil-A’s are coming very soon to Clifton Park, North Greenbush and Colonie, with the first location potentially opening in Clifton Park as soon as mid-March!
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
... see more of our recent discussions here!