From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
From Good News Network
A man in India has started using hydroponics in a shipping container to grow saffron, which is one of the world’s most expensive spices, coming in at over $10,000 per kilogram. He used shipping containers because you can control the environment inside of it. This method could help grow other, difficult to obtain crops and could be used anywhere in the world!
From Good News Network
Meati, a Montana-based company, is using mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms, to create sustainable and environmentally-friendly alternatives to meat. Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger are both highly processed and not considered very healthy. These new burgers taste very similar to meat, and Sprouts grocery store will sell mycelium steaks, burgers, and more. The CEO isn’t even vegan, or a vegetarian; he eats meat and enjoys bow hunting. His goal is to introduce this new alternative to help reduce emissions from the food system.
From Good News Network
A study with 12,000 participants found that taking vitamin D supplements may lower the risk of dementia by 40%, and those who took supplements lived dementia-free for longer. Previous research suggests that low vitamin D levels are linked to higher dementia risk.
Gas & rent prices continue to drop
From GasBuddy & Dwellsy
Once again, rent prices and gas prices continue to fall! According to GasBuddy, gas prices have fallen two cents a gallon over this past week, 11.5 cents lower over the past month, and 77.1 cents lower than this time last year!
According to Dwellsy, one bedroom apartment rents continue to fall another 1% from last month, and prices have continued to fall since November of last year after peaking in July 2022.
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?