From a woman setting up a DIY recycling center in her garden shed to an 80 year old couple successfully finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories from this week!
New Tool Can 3D Print Inside Human Body To Reconstruct Wounds
A team of engineers from the University of New South Wales in Sydney has developed a surgical tool that can also 3D print living cells in real-time inside the human body. The technology has the potential to reconstruct wounds inside the body with a minimally invasive approach, reducing infection risks. The next stage of development is testing on living animals to demonstrate its practical use.
Woman Sets Up Recycling Center In Garden Shed
A UK woman set up a DIY recycling center in her garden shed to collect items that her town’s recycling service doesn’t accept.
Since starting the project four years ago, Liz has recycled 2,600 pounds of trash across 30 categories of recyclable waste and raised over £1,000 for local charities and sports organizations by sending off the trash to TerraCycle, which converts the weight of the junk into points for money.
Among the items commonly deposited in the shed are baby food pouches, food packaging, and toothbrushes, home hygiene packaging, plastic bread wrappers, and cheese bags.
Eggs and Bacon Prices Coming Down!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the prices of eggs and bacon are beginning to decrease as a result of a reduction in inflation and the diminished lethality of avian flu. On top of that, cheese and orange juice are also coming down. Right now the average price for a dozen eggs stands at $3.70, which is 60% higher compared to the same period last year.
An 80 Year Old Couple Finds Love
An 85-year-old woman named Tricia met her 82-year-old husband Ian on an online dating site. The couple got married in February after Ian was diagnosed with heart disease and needed a risky bypass operation. Tricia believes that more 80 year olds should embrace online dating because it allows you to tick many boxes before meeting in person, and you can tell if you have a lot in common. It also shows you that you can still find love at any age.
🎧 Listen live or catch up later on the Podcast!
📧 What do you think?
📣 Recent Discussions
- Should they let her move in?LISTEN: His son wants his girlfriend to move in with them as her parents are moving to the west coast.
- Should he cancel the subscriptions?LISTEN: His wife subscribes to many streaming services that she doesn’t watch.
- Should she be worried about being replaced?LISTEN: Her company just hired another person to ‘help’ her with her position…
- Is it okay to have a child-free wedding?LISTEN: This woman would like to have a child-free wedding, but her friend thinks that’s impolite.
- Converting Air Into Electricity, Solar Panels on Rail Tracks & MoreFrom a way to remove “forever chemicals” from water to magnet fishing landing a teen an internship here are some good news stories!
- Should she tell her husband what happened?LISTEN: Her brother in law tried to kiss her. Should she say something or leave it alone?
- How can they get him to wear a jacket?LISTEN: Their 11 year old son refuses to wear a jacket despite the cold weather.
- What should she do about the ‘hideous’ ring?LISTEN: She told her fiancé that she wasn’t a fan of his ring and he was offended.
- What should they do about this employee?Pete Kelly “We have an employee who is well-liked by our clients but doesn’t work hard. From my office, I’ve noticed that…
- 3D Printing Cells, Food Prices Dropping & More!From a DIY recycling center to an 80 year old couple finding love on dating apps, here are some good news stories!
- Does he need to end the friendship?LISTEN: He and his best friend used to date in high school and his current girlfriend is uncomfortable with it.
- Natural Meat Alternatives, Fighting Dementia with D & More!From a new hydroponic growing concept to lower gas and rent prices, here are some good news stories from this past week!
- Is not having social media a red flag?LISTEN: Her new boyfriend claims he’s not on any social media. Is that a red flag?
- How much should she charge her boyfriend?LISTEN: This woman wants to ask her boyfriend to move in, but he would pay more than he does now.
- How can he modernize their workplace?LISTEN: His workplace is stuck in the past and people are resisting change. What can he do?
- Do you know of a couple “living apart together”?LISTEN: Many married couples are now living alone. Is it a good idea?
- 3D Printed Batteries, Cheaper Insulin, Airbag Jeans & More!From a revolutionary new style of battery production to a new way to protect motorcyclists, here are some great news stories!
- Can they control where she lives?LISTEN: Their daughter will be a Junior in college and wants to move into an apartment with two guys.
- What’s important in a dating profile?LISTEN: What should you focus on when you’re putting together your dating profile?
- His fiancé doesn’t want wedding photos…LISTEN: His fiancé doesn’t want photos at their wedding. What should they do?
... see more of our recent discussions here!